View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Hit and Run vs. Taking Command vs. Trapping

1st hand, I am not sure how much is in the pot, was if 5 people including the blinds? otherwise, you are betting 35 with an open ended straight draw into 7 people. someone hit. and your raise of the other guy is only another 35 more...there is no way you are ahead....and he is getting amazing pot odds to call...something like 4 to 1 i think.... so you have no fold equity. I say you have to call his raise, and probably call his putting you all in on the turn....i think. i just think you put yourself in a shitty position. there were way too many people in the pot to semibluff it, so fold equity is out. basically you are crapshooting from behind here

hand 2
calling with 2 pair...hrm...what could he have? you could have 2 outs. (K9, or a set, or you could be ahead vs. AA, whic is pretty much impossible given how he played it.) You might have picked off AK here, but he still has 5 outs, you are up against a set and should lay it down, please post pot sizes so i dont have to add that sh!t up. I think he is overbetting the pot....so....i lean towards folding here. You can find a better spot with your money.