View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: 88 in EP. (Stars $20 Deepstack) Oh, and i\'m a calling station.

[ QUOTE ]
This doesnt really make sense to me. If you were hoping he would bet the river (on the turn) why does the T scare you?

So the T helps him X% of the time. Do you really think it is often enough that you could have 'taken the pot on the turn'? The hands that he isnt bluffing with on the river are close to the same as the hands he wont be pushed off on the turn. Sure AT, KT, may improve, but I dont see them as much of his range here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The T didn't scare me specifically, just now that i look back at the hand, i dont think he bets here often enough (without a hand) to make it more profitable than c/r the turn. If i'm letting him see the river for free/cheap, it should be either because i'm trying for a cheap showdown, or i think he'll bluff at it, and neither seems to be true in this hand.

---

Anyways, i still dunno what i think of this, Villain in the hand had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . For a a pair of 3's. I think if i did it again i'd have c/r the turn, but i like it up until there. And if it was a situation where it hought he'd bluff more often on the river, i'd call the turn, to call any river bet.