View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Line Check - BB Hand Level 1

[ QUOTE ]
well i just got back from class, and this post has been nagging on my brain, so instead of paying attention i started an analysis on this kind of stuff.. i'm gonig to make a post later today about it see what kind of responses.

but one thing i shouhld point out, theres a big difference between Q4o, and a suited connecctor. Q4o has no flush or straight possibilities, so the hand is only good when you hit two pair/set. Suited connectors have twice the value, because they're good for flushes, strraights, and the two pair/set value.

now i'm going to get back to the math of this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Exit, you're right about the added value of suited connectors. I'd never play Q4o like suited connectors by raising in EP like Harrington recommends occassionally doing. The difference is though, I only have to call a small bet rather than make a fairly significant one. If you raise with suited connectors, you might get re-raised and never even be able to see a flop You're risking not only 3-5x bb worth of chips to see the flop and probably fold (or possibly take the blinds), you're risking it to maybe not even see the flop. I know that it's not the same situation (although I do think it bears some similarities) and that with suited connectors the possibilities for big hands are much bigger and are probably more solid hands as well, but being in the bb with UTG making the minraise, you're guaranteed that you only have to risk 1 bb and you will see the flop.

Will

P.S. (again) Thanks for all of your advice recently Exit. You've responded to a couple of my requests for help (which I desperately need). Thank you.