View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: what affects roi the most?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can play perfect 4-5 handed SNG strategy and still either get sucked out on by a dumb call or walk into a monster. This is single-handedly the biggest factor in my ROI, even considering the long term effects.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what causes ROI to have a theoretical maximum. I hope you understand the fallacies in your statement though.

X

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean, "this is what causes ROI to have a theoretical maximum in NL party SNGs"??

in other words, I don't even understand why ROI would have a theoretical maximum other than 500% (ie taking 1st every time). for example in a SNG with a longer structure - say the party SNG structure but everyone starts with 2000T - you would obviously expect the ROI for very good players to increase. This makes me think that it is the degree of mistakes made by your opponents, and the degree of mistakes afforded by the tournament structure, that impose a theoretical limit on ROI.

If an expert is playing against 9 typical 10+1 players in a tournament that starts with 10000000T, I would expect his ROI to approach 500%. this in spite of the fact that he will "still either get sucked out on by a dumb call or walk into a monster".