View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Ocean Jewel 1/2 100 max No Limit now a RAKED game

Funny you should post this today.

I am in St. Pete, and have been trying to find any worthwhile poker at all in this God forsaken area, all without any luck.

Today, I decided to go to the moronic Derby Lane, hoping that the daily tournaments might be worthwhile (even if only being $45 buyins). Walked in, passed all of the racing mopes, up the escalators, passed the big water damage hole in the ceiling, and to the poker room. They spread 1/2 games, nothing else, apparently. I sort of knew that, so I asked about the tourney structure. Nobody seemed to know.

I finally got this guy who explained that there are 20 minute levels, blinds start at 15/25, and they double every time. The field starts with 700 units each.

Back past the water damage, down the escalator, past the mopes, and back to my car.

Now, granted, I was actually going to play no matter what, in the hopes that someone might direct me to the appropriate place for actual poker, but one look around there, and it was clear that nobody knew.

I went to Seminole, but it sucks hard too.

The boat thing sounds better, but they never answer their phone, they keep crashing the ferries, etc.

Please help me, either here or in a PM, PLEASE.

Thanks in advance.