Thread: 33 in blind war
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: 33 in blind war

I like your analysis. The only part I had problem with is the fact that you said

[ QUOTE ]
The turn is a classic example of the free card play gone awry. You only get this free card when you have the best hand. That you can't find a bet here underscores how far ahead of your hand your flop 3-bet was.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I think a huge reason for not betting this turn is the A that fell. With most turns, I think we bet.

I like the idea about betting on the river to not give away your cards, and therefore information. Although I do think the bet is slightly -EV in the current hand, perhaps not giving away this information could be good. As a counter point though, shouldn't we check so that we can see his cards? If we are a better player, we will be able to use the information better than he can use the information about our cards. Furthermore we have position on him, so again, trading a look at each others hands has more benefit for you.

P.S. I love this new Quick Reply. I don't have to use the back button to constantly look at the whole thread again.