View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Runsfeld Clears Things Up

[ QUOTE ]
this happens every day. i fear of living in a world where wars get started every day. scratch that, i fear we are already living in a world like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't you think a *credible* threat of invasion would deter these attacks? If I'm in a room full of 10 year olds and say "If anyone touches me, I'll punch them in the face" and follow up on that threat when someone violates it, it seems intuitive that you will not be "touched" by anyone else.

[ QUOTE ]
nothing in this administration's actions suggests that any diplomacy took place.

[/ QUOTE ]
Haven't we tried diplomacy for the better part of 13 years? What evidence is there it would have worked this time?

[ QUOTE ]
saddam's lack of ability to assasinate anyone is what makes him a weak threat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, he's tried to. Not being successful in his attempt to assassinate a former president doesn't make him a weak threat. I'd say that makes him a bigger threat.

[ QUOTE ]
there's a dozen governments that support terrorists and would attack americans if given the chance. of course we can't ignore them, but it does not imply we should invade all or any of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not advocating immediate invasion of any government that supports terrorism. Iraq had many other factors going for it that made invasion a better option.

[ QUOTE ]
invasion without an imminent threat is short-sighted at best. it breeds even more terrorists and hardly scares any other nation from harboring them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell that to Libya.