View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Can a Former Addict become a good Poker Player?

Orpheus, those were some excellent points. I prefer not to get into the other options in my life as I don't plan on doing this long term for a living - Period. I am going to get a 9-5 and live a normal life, I would LOVE to be able to consider this a profitable hobby the rest of my life and maybe... just maybe; even break even at some point of time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm rather suprised at the comments and replies I am getting, I definately expected more inane remarks and people berating me. I will post my stats in a week's time and maybe time to time in between there. I am also going to be spending some time reading other areas of this forumn and posting questions in the appropriate areas as well.

And you may very well be correct, losing the $500 may be the best outcome regardless of how good of a player I 'may'
be due to the fact I could very easily lose the mind frame I have now and cause more devastation to my life. I definately hope this is not my case as I have cleaned my life up in alot of other very difficult areas, and hope I can do so here as well.