Thread: Session review
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Session review

I have a hard time reviewing without knowing table condition (that is why I prefer videos), so if reads come into play my advice may change

I play $1/2 6max and can be a little too aggressive at times

Hand 600209067 - 66 UTG

I don't like the limp, I raise or fold (raise more than fold). HU vs. SB Flop 7 8 5, SB leads I prefer a raise rather than a call (maybe a call & raise turn sometimes).
You have a decent hand and a very good draw if behind plus the potential to take a free card on the turn.

Hand 600213127 - A7o SB

Might consider raising this instead of just calling.
3 way - SB, BB, Button (6SB) Flop 738 I think I lead this flop more often then not, I don't know if you planned to c/r the flop and noone bet. With the PFR to your left I prefer to bet and have him raise rather than trying to c/r and trap Button.

Hand 600214977 - 99 CO

What range are you putting UTG raiser on? Im dont think I like this fold without a read.

Hand 600217723 - 66 Button

I dont know if I like this fold, CO seems aggressive enough that with position and expecting it probably 5-way I think I call for set value with implied odds.

Hand 600226769 - 73s BB

Questionable call preflop, Im not saying its wrong but its close. Bet the river.

Hand 600244454 - JTs SB

Don't like you post-flop line. CO is too aggressive, Im showing this down alot. I prefer a c/r flop line, lead turn if not 3-bet.

Hand 600272592 - A7o CO

Might consider raising this depending on the blinds, UTG limp means nothing as he has been raising with anything remotely decent.

Hand 600275122 - KJo BB

What about c/r the flop, or even maybe the turn depending on the CO. Nothing horrible about your line, just seems a little passive.

Hand 600282597 - KJo UTG

Ugh. I don't like this at all. It may be closer than I make it sound but it just feels wrong. Either continuation bet or fold to the raise. I have a hard time explaining why I don't like calling this because it is close but I don't like it.
Easy call of one bet but the c/r concerns me even if it is from an extreme lag. The more I think about I think I sometimes play the same and I don't like when I play it that way.

Hand 600298415 - QQ UTG

Just curious as to what you would of done had BB checked? Think you play the hand fine.

Hand 600300906 - ATs

Why do you not continuation bet the flop? You have the best hand a decent % of the time.

Hand 600310437 - A8o Button

Consider raising w/ one limper depending on the blinds

Hand 600315376 - KQs Button

Did you consider raising the turn at all? I don't know what read you had on UTG but I probably raise folding to a 3-bet, and putting one bet in on the river if he just calls he turn raise. Its close but something to consider.

Overall a decent session. You are a little tighter than me and a little more passive. There are quite a few other hands I would have played slightly differently but I think the differences are close enough that I don't know whose approach would have been better.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]