View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Interesting? observed hand, live 10/20 deep stack KK PF line

Hi mikech,

[ QUOTE ]
how often is villain gonna wake up with a hand big enough to reraise here? hero said it himself, "I know he is only RR there with AA, KK or QQ."

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not gonna have it often, but Hero sounds like he reads/understands people pretty well. I'll bet he saw that Villain was gonna raise before he himself even acted. Still, it's a ballsy call with KK vs. a guy who doesn't think AK is good enough to raise big with. When I read the post, I felt positive Villain had AA only to move 30K in.

Also, overlimping in LP with AA/KK is not as bad as NEVER overlimping AA/KK in LP, when you're dealing with good players and DEEEEEEEEP stacks. Again, if you read people very well, you can probably still play the hand alright post-flop, and of course you get total disguise from the good players when you flop a set after pulling that move. I agree that Villain's push with QQ is laughably bad, especially after he's announced that such a play will never be AK.

Turns out we were playing at the same 10/25 table at the Borg during the WPT, by the way. I'm sorry I didn't realize it at the time.