Thread: Sweden
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Sweden

[ QUOTE ]
Yes staying in hostels.

All my nights have been good nights sleep except for one... That was a horrid night I would prefer not to repeat. I have been gone about 2 weeks now, and slept on night trains 2 of those nights.

Where I have been there have been no thieves, but I don't flash money around and wear a money belt, etc.

As I am going further south in Europe I will probably pick up a lock to lock my things up at night.

Hostels are quite interesting, if you want to meet people, you can easily. Many lonely travellers wanting to start up a good conversation. I have met a few interesting people, and exchanged addresses with a couple people as well. I hope they decide to come to the states and stay with me for a few days, but who knows.

I am travelling by myself, it has its ups and downs.

I'd say
Pros: Do whatever you want, when you want.
Cons: Can be a bit boring if you are in a slower hostel. Plus there are times when you see something interesting and would like to point it out to a companion but you can't.

I think when I travel next time to Europe I will try to go with just one other person. I think groups bigger than 2 would be too much of a hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man I admire you so much.

So many people in this world can't even go to a [censored] movie without someone else to hold their hand let alone travel a continent and you are doing it.

Respect.

I also like how you see [censored] at your own pace and you won't compromise by going on a gay 'contiki' tour where you only spend 8 hours max in any one place before being bussed to the next location hurredly.

I myself am planning on travelling solo one day too hence my questions to you, as I imagine what you do will be what I will be doing.

Are you keeping a Blog at all or are you writing some things down so later on people who want to read about what you do daily can?

I know I'd love to read about the life of a lone traveller, to see what road is ahead of me.

Cheers kilpin.