View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 06:21 AM

Default call 2 back with the 4th nuts?

Reads : BB is very loose and fairly passive, UTG+1 and Hijack came in one hand apart about 11-12 hands ago and both have played 8-9 of the hands with mild aggression (all aggression has been pre-flop for the most part for both of them). Both have showndown >75% of their hands so far each winning ~2 hands. UTG+1 called a turn raise and river bet w/ AK high with 4 people in to the end.

FullTilt $1/$2 (8 handed)
Hero dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in SB
UTG+1 and Hijack limp, Hero completes, BB checks
<font color="blue">Worth completing at 7:1?</font>
Pot 4 SB (4 players)

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hijack calls, Hero calls, BB folds
<font color="blue">About as good of a flop I could hope for. Flush draw plus a "double" BDSD so about 11 outs or so. Probably should have led out, but should I c/r it when it gets back?</font>
Pot : 7 SB (3 players)

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, Hijack checks
<font color="blue">Hmm, checked around suprised me a bit as I expected someone to have something here? I now only have my flush outs.</font>
Pot 3.5 BB (3 players)

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

<font color="red">Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Hijack 3-bets</font>, Hero calls???, UTG+1 calls
Final Pot : 12.5 BB
<font color="blue">With me catching the 4th nuts I decided to lead out. I did not want the river to get checked through if they both had a baby pocket pair or something like 3-4th pair. Having to face 2 back really suprised me. Am I good here the ~22% of the time to call this? I know, the pot is small up until the 3 bet, but the numbers seemed right on all streets except for possibly the river call.</font>