View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: New here, looking for comments on a hand ...

[ QUOTE ]
You'll get the same answers here that you did in SS. Bet or raise somewhere before the river. You have the most well disguised hand in all of poker because no one thinks you have te 4th six and anyone with any pair has a fullhouse and loves their hand and will give you a ton of action. It's not that hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a repost? I'm going to sound quite rude, but this is a tough love forum that breaks bad habits right away, whether they're bad poker playing habits or bad posting habits. I realize you're new, but everyone's got to learn sometime. First of all, don't post results in a hand. Ever. At least if it's a post for which you intend to get good strategic advice. Secondly, worrying about whether you won the maximum in hands like this is a non-issue. You could open-fold the flop and it would have a negligible effect on your long term win rate. These events are so rare as to not matter. Third, if you make a post somewhere and you don't like what they tell you, going to another board for "a second opinion" isn't going to get you anywhere. Many people read multiple forums (as you can see here), and the correct advice doesn't depend on who's giving it. If you're thoughts on the play are wrong, you're not going to be able to move around from forum to forum to find people who agree w/ you. Fourth, posts like this, where you hit big hands and/or mock the poor play of your opponents belong in the Designated No Content Thread.

Posts like this generally get locked here lest they take up a spot on the front page that could be occupied by good strategy. However, the people of this forum, in their good nature, have made a good effort to put strategy here, so I'll let it live.

I would strongly encourage you to respond to the posts other members put up and say how you think you'd play it. Don't worry about getting the answer wrong - that's what we're here for. We'll correct you, and you can become a better poker player. Figuring out how to play flopped quads is not how you make your money as a poker player. Since folding them is a negligible mistake, any way you play them is fine. It's in the marginal situations that you encounter over and over that are where your money is won and lost. Work on those areas.