View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Encouraging your table to stall in a tourney (long....as usual)

I really was pretty sure the guy showed AA after claiming that he had it.
But I admit I got kind of confused when the rep said that he didn't have it.
I mean...I wouldn't have mentioned the AA thing otherwise.

I thought he had showed it. But maybe I saw AA on one of the other tables I was playing or something weird like that.

No, I didn't mark down hand numbers.

Yes, stalling is common in bubble situations (especially when it doesn not go to hand-for-hand as it should) but I don't think a player should be allowed to try to get the whole table on the 'same page' as to what they want to do.

IMO, the AA hand wasn't the worst part.
I thought the worst part was when the guy told the table that they had 7 players left while my table had 6....so they can easily win just by stalling.
And then reporting that "He'll be in the BB in 2 hands...so everybody don't play and we'll all make it."

I agree that if it was just a matter of "Golly...everybody stalled and it cost me a seat" there would be no cause to complain.
I also agree that I was pretty short-stacked and in trouble already and might not have made it regardless.

Party has gotten back to me to say that they have forwarded my info and are going to look into it further.

In the very least, I'm satisfied that they are taking the situation seriously...instead of just giving me semi-generic responses about how hand-for-hand works.

Finally - I feel no guilt about asking for clarity as to why I am not entitled to a seat...or why someone who was clearly guilty of colluding is still allowed to keep his seat.

I don't think it's asking too much to be specifically told what their thinking is behind their decision and I don't think it's that big a deal in the sense that I'm taking their precious time away from 'real problems'.

They are a multi-billion dollar organization...and if they don't have enough support to handle the customer complaints and questions then they should hire more.

It is my opinion that if this had happened on Stars there at least wouldn't be any problem getting clarification regarding their decision.

I don't think I'm over-reacting.
I'm not saying "give me the seat or else I'll never play there again."
I'm just saying "I think other players in this tournament are guilty of collusion. If you don't think I am entitled to some compensation then please tell me why."

Finally - I fully agree with whichever poster brought up the idea of "what if this had happened in a live tourney?"
that idea had occured to me too.

If some player in a live tourney started telling other players right there at the table to stall there is almost no doubt that a tourney-director would have taken action.
I suspect that some TD's might have said, "You can't talk about that because that's collusion. If you continue to talk openly at the table about 'teaming-up' strategies then you will be disqualified from the tourney."

Something like that anyway.

I'm not demanding a seat even though I think it would appropriate in this situation.
But I definitely think I'm entitled to a little bit fuller explanation.