View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Cheapest way to find out where you are

[ QUOTE ]
I like to re-pop PF w/ JJ and TT if I'm in position as it make the later streets easier to play. OOP, I'll flat call and proceed carefully trying to keep the pot small if the board is scary.

I re-pop because that gets me the lead and then I can let my opponent's imagination put me on a larger hand, then I can take down a lot of K or even A high flops with a cont-bet. I can also fold to a re-raise in good conscience.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the best way to proceed is do exactly what Woodguy said, if you are a preflop type player. You can get a lot of information and maybe take it down versus AJ or lower.

I would definitely like to see a flop with JJ or 1010. That is why I tend to call with this type of action, especially if you are a post-flop player. If you play it post-flop by calling his raise, then I think you should check-raise if all unders flop. I would be prepared to push if he goes AI. If you run into KK or such, so be it. Doing what Woodguy says eliminates all the A-x players. I would hate to see an ace flop and lose to some trashy ace.

Again, checkraising will also make your opponent pay for the turn card. You don't want him to see the turn for free. Hopefully, he doesn't check behind you.

The only problem with calling pf is you have absolutely no information on your opponents hand. If you are good at reading the board and putting him on a range of hands, then calling the pf raise is the best option.

Since, I suck at pre-flop play and post-flop play I am usually in a world of hurt!!!

Stipe