View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Two hands that crippled me in Stars 25K

[ QUOTE ]
Your stack is right around average and youre out of the rebuy period. Your M is getting low but not critical. That seems like the worst time to make moves that are going to cost you 2-3 M and put you in a position where your under real pressure to make moves so they become even more obvious?

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought I would get more comments like this. I just worked out and realized that posting the AQs hand is results-oriented thinking, which is what happens to me when I'm running a little bad.

But whether or not the flop bet here is worth it is a good question. I am still of the opinion that this play was worth it, as I think it's time to get some chips and hopefully get control of the table. The limp is what I'm not so sure about, particularly with only one limper in front of me.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I'm not sure that the move against you had much to do with your getting caught the hand before. He's on a lower M than you and is UTG so hes got blinds coming up immediately. He's probably going to play strongly against 1 unknown opponent as often as one that he knows is capable of stealing.

[/ QUOTE ] UG said after the hand that he thought I was stealing again, and it seemed like he wouldn't have called my raise if the previous hand hadn't happened. But that ended up being a great result preflop. This is why I convinced myself to post the AQs hand, because I think I would have taken it down preflop without the bluff in the previous hand.