View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 02:29 AM

Default somebody please give me a clue

I'm pretty sure this is a boring hand for most of you, but I'm clueless when it gets to the bubble, so I'd appreciate any feedback (literally, any).

Blinds were weird, someone had been eliminated so SB just posted 200 and that was it. Still, Kx looks like better than average and I could use the 200 ...

Questions:

(1) Is this even worth playing? I'm incredibly confused by preflop hand selection when it gets 4 or 5 handed and you have 4-6XBB. If everyone folds to you and assuming no real reads and opponent chipstacks maybe 1.5-2 X yours, what is worth pushing? I've been reading all the posts I can find but people tend to hem and haw about all the different variables for specific hands/boards and I get lost.

(2) If raise, should I just push it all-in? Only rationale for the min-raise was that Villain was a tight preflop player prone to slowplaying (I watched him minraise preflop w/ 6 limpers in front of him w/ AA). I think he would have folded any marginal hand for another 200 out of position, but if he just flat called it could be anything from AA to JT.

(3) Honestly, how lame is my check on the flop? I panicked because it was bubble and I figured there would be better spots to risk all my chips (which was slightly true, I lost AK to 33 vs. the Villain the very next hand).

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter

SB (t1595)
BB (t3735)
UTG (t1385)
Hero (t1285)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>, SB calls t200.

Flop: (t900) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t900) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t200</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1100

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. SB wins t1100. </font>