View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 06:47 PM

Default Re: A 20-40 hand from Hollywood Park last night

[ QUOTE ]
What are you trying to accomplish by three-betting the flop? I guess the classic argument would be: the pot is very large and you need to clean up your ace and king outs; since your gutshot justifies continuing anyway (four outs to the nuts, given the rainbow board), you should try to maximize your chance of winning by raising. That said, I still don't really like further pumping this pot at this juncture (although it's possible that you know it's going to end up capped no matter what you do). Can someone convince me that three-betting here is right? Is that boilerplate argument all there is?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't really convinced either which is why I posted [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I figure the flop is capped regardless (SB for sure will raise). However finding out what MP+1's action is would have been more beneficial than letting it get around capped to him.

I believe I should also fold the turn when it comes around to me, just had a hard time putting anyone on anything (other than MP+1 who I figure is drawing to the same straight as me). SB had just called me to the river with 22 (no set) the hand before in a similar situation.