View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: $55: AJs - Play a TPTK Hand That\'s a Disaster with a Non-Master

In my view, pushing preflop is certainly an option. The limpers in front of you would have likely raised with hands that dominate you, and may not have as much to call you with should you push as you're all-in bet is a huge threat to their stacks. You have a hand that very well could be best right now and can take down a nice little pot without a flop. Taking inflection points into account, I think its time to get more aggressive with weaker than normal hands, and AJs qualifies in my mind. However, being that you didn't push and were raised on the flop after showing strength, I think the flop is a clear push or fold scenario. I'm not calling here as another 200 basically ties you to the pot regardless (so needless to say I like the push on the turn as it is your only option at that point). You've already put in half your stack by the turn, so calling the flop raise does no good. Get out while you can losing only the 250 you put in already, or push on the flop. Being that the pot is much larger than your stack, pushing with TPTK on the flop is probably your best move in my opinion. Make a stand now, you're laying 645 to win a pot that is currently 1300. Keep in mind that folding on the flop will leave you with 645 chips, which practically will put you in a desperate situation as the blinds are increasing rapidly. Thus, I think pushing preflop would have been best. Once you bet 200 on the flop, a quarter of your stack, I think you in effect tied yourself to it and had no other option than to push all-in behind the reraise and cold call. Will you have the best hand here? Its not likely given the action, but not entirely unlikely either. However, at this point, you basically have to hope to get lucky as your stack is reaching desperate shape. Just my two cents.