View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Most Hated Athelete

[ QUOTE ]
Tommy had a son who got ill. Tommy and his wife practically disowned the kid when he found out what the disease was. At the time, Tommy was probably the biggest star on the L.A. sports scene and he could have done a lot for both his son and to help others with the disease. He chose to do neither. He's a horrible human being.

I lived in the same building as Tommy's son and watched him die unloved by his parents.

On the professional side, that endless steam of Dodger Blue BS that comes out of Tommy's mouth serves only Tommy. He killed Fernando Valenzuela's arm, sabotaged Bill Russell by constantly second-guessing him to management, and is responsible for the current state of mismanagement since he had the ear of Mrs. McCourt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

Andy, I always look forward to reading your stories, and they seldom, if ever, disappoint...even if ones like this bum me out (from a human perspective - I'm a lifelong Giants fan, so I hate Tommy Lasorda, regardless).

I'm going to try and dig up your Tommy Lee story again, to try and feel a little better. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]