View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Re: set on a supa-coordinated flop, deep

Hand 1:

My first instict was to say come over the top big on the flop. But...you are both fairly deep in this hand, with effective stacks at almost 250BB. For that reason, I understand not re-raising here.

The turn is good, but not great card because it makes the possiblity of a higher full-house. I would bet out here, probably about $100. Give him a chance to raise you. The small CR is good too but I think it gives away the strength of your hand b/c you gave him a chance at a free card. If he calls my $100 I put him on trips or maybe a boat.

The river card may scare him if he indeed has trips and with over 3 bills behind I may just puss out and check this river. I just can't be sure you're ahead here and if he has a boat, he isn't likely to make a huge bet and you get to see a cheap showdown. You miss out on a possible value bet, but is trips really going to call you here anyway? The only hand I see him calling that you beat is AQ with a Q of spades or AJ with a J of spades. TT is possible but the guy you describe would probably raise TT preflop.

I dunno, maybe I'm seeing monsters here but I really don't see much value in a value bet on the river.