Old 11-22-2005, 06:40 AM
Blarg Blarg is offline
Senior Member

Default ER....is this for real?

Check out this freaky e-mail message. Any chance this is legit?

[ QUOTE ]

From: Admin@fbi.gov
Subject: Your_IP_was_logged

Dear Sir/Madam,

we have logged your IP-address on more than 30 illegal Websites.

Important:
Please answer our questions!
The list of questions are attached.

Yours faithfully,
Steven Allison

*** Federal Bureau of Investigation -FBI-
*** 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Room 3220
*** Washington, DC 20535
*** phone: (202) 324-3000

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't seem possible that this could be true, especially as I don't know what they could be talking about. Illegal websites? 30 of them? I don't think I've even been on more than a handful of porno sites since I got this computer.

Attached is a zip file, which I don't want to open and get infected by if this is some kind of a hack or hoax.