Thread: My Poker Logic
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: My Poker Logic

[ QUOTE ]
I believe you must develop a style unique to your temperament, risk tolerance and personality. This conserves energy and creates opportunities to play in "the zone".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think ive experienced that, some of my plays as of late have been almost like I could see their cards. I dont know why I made them, I posted a hand in another board and they were like you are crazy to make that play, but I knew it was not only the correct play, but that it would work before it did I dont know if I can put it into words.

[ QUOTE ]
Pushing AAxx hands preflop is hard to do in the lower limit online games. These are much more postflop-oriented tables. Since you can rarely get even 1/10 of your stack in preflop at a lot of these tables, pushing only a few hands preflop makes you easy to beat postflop (by players with decent odds to call preflop).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the problem right there, you dont get enough of your stack in there to make potting it with aces profitable or even the correct play. All you do is basically say by the way guys I got aces, feel free to try and draw out on me.

[ QUOTE ]
If you are really winning at the rate you mentioned, it shouldn't be hard to build up a bankroll for higher limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly the 400 tables arent very good often, and the 200 tables are also terrible most of the time. The only good ones are the 100 tables. So im winning about 150 a day. So itll be a while before I can play in the 1000 level.

[ QUOTE ]
There's no ultimate strategy that can make you a significant long term winner against every table that you play PLO against. Your game should be based more on your opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty much what I do, most of the 100 players are either people who dont know what they are doing or solid players, so my play style beats both of those, probably the reason behind me playing the way I do.