Thread: My Poker Logic
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: My Poker Logic

I played 7000 hands that week, I play 1000-1200 hands a day. I have used my style against every type of player I have encountered in the 100-400 levels because thats all I can afford right now. Most of them are unable to do much because I dont commit myself to pots preflop, so I play everything post flop, I do specially well against maniacs. I have broken every maniac I run into they are the opponents I beat the easiest and make the most money from. Because they play as many pots as I do except they make worst decisions post flops and their raises really dont mean much to me as I dont ever tilt which is something I dont think I have mentioned. I have also run into tight players, I mostly steal pots from them and am able to read them pretty easily.

The only thing I think a lot about is people who might not play as many hands as me and play well after the flop, but I think most people try this approach. I mean it seems to be the most logical approach, but I am extremely tricky after the flop, I can get people to do a lot of things without them realizing they are really pushing the worse hand. Not only that but if you take this approach which is something I used to do before, you are as easy to read as a book. I mean its really obvious when solid players have something, its very easy to make laydowns against them. The truth is I have never encountered anyone that beat me consistently without miracles on the river, and those people eventually give it all back plus interest. Which makes me working on my game specially difficult because I dont really have the bankroll to play any higher and probably wont for a while, but I dont know, sometimes I wonder if I think too much about the game. Also what style of player you think would give me trouble? Who do you think could take advantage of my play?