View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: A simple question : for those who want to outlaw abortion

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah QoQ I really don't understand your confusion here. Please explain your opinion further.

[/ QUOTE ]

My confusion is that you apparantly want abortion to be illegal, but you aren't willing to go into even the slightest detail about how you intend to enforce such laws.

Every time I ask for details, you either dodge the question or you try and change the subject.

I asked if you wanted the state to start monitoring pregnancies. You said no, people wouldn't accept that.

So I asked if you intended to prosecute women who seek abortions. You wouldn't answer. (But if abortion is truly murder, then both soliciting the act and delivering the victim to the killer would certainly constitute both conspiracy to commit murder and acting as an accessory to murder, wouldn't you agree?)

I also asked you to explain which "particular freedom" outweighed the "right to life" of the unborn (since you implied that this is why you wouldn't expand police powers to make such laws effective). But then you said that no such freedom outweighed the rights of the unborn, at least in your view.

So, yes, I'm confused -- because your rhetoric doesn't jibe with your proposed solution.

You want to make something illegal, but you admit that nobody would accept the police powers necessary to enforce such laws. You say you don't even want to expand those police powers because it would interfere with our personal freedoms, but then you turn around and say that no freedom supersedes the rights of the unborn.

So this really leaves us with just two possibilities : either you will be satisfied with purely symbolic laws, and will go no further; or you are being patently dishonest as to the police powers you will ultimately seek. Since you believe that abortion is a full-blown genocide of the unborn, I simply do not accept that you intend for its criminalization to be purely symbolic. That leaves us with option #2: you are consciously misleading people, leaving out the "hard-to-sell" parts of your agenda (for now) so that you can get your way on Roe before you move on to the next step in your agenda.

Show me where I'm wrong.

q/q