View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Nut Flush Draw in Small Pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Limping with the weak-suited Ace is not a strategy I recommend. I certainly don't want to end up HU with another limper. A drawing hand wants a multi-way pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is limit poker thinking. in no limit, limping/raising these hands is more dependant on stacks/positions. there are games where folding these hands from any position would be a crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me the OP suggests limping in LP with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], the BB checks and the flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] rag. The BB makes a potsized bet and you put him on K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Can you call this bet as a big dog, thinking there will be a huge payoff? Of course you can.

As pointed out there are many ways to play the weak suited Ace, and things to consider preflop like stack size, position, (who you have it on and who has it on you) quality of opponents, limping v. raising, and amount of raise if this is the proper course for the situation.

Then the flop comes and you play poker. Good post-flop play will make you a lot of money, or save you a lot of money.

The strategy outlined by OP doesn't sound like part of an overall approach to NL. Properly incorporated into your overall strategy I'm sure that an excellent player could limp or raise and play any two.