View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: heads up preflop question(s)

Hi nosellout,

I'm not going to outline a whole pf strategy for you in terms of specific hands, but here are some ideas:

Don't limp-fold hands from the SB when the blinds are "wrong" as they say. Limp-reraise with very good hands. Limp re-raise occasionally with "bust'em" hands like 33 or 75s. Fold almost everything, though, if the guy is raising 80% of the BB/button when you limp. Don't come in raising with hands like K3o that are "too good to fold", but not actually good. Fold them. If you fold everything that's marginal there, he'll respect your occasional raise. So, raise from there with trash as a pure steal once in a while.

Raise him and reraise him liberally from the BB/button. Basically, this structure sucks so bad because the balance of power is too heavily tipped toward the button when they get to act last on every round, including the 1st round. That's why it's supposed to be turned around. The result is that 2 players playing well will not get much of a game, because there should be tons and tons of folding by the out of position SB. Though it's generally a good situation to play HU vs. someone you're a little better than, that's not really true in this format. I don't usually bother unless they're quite a lot worse than me if the BB is on the button.