View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Longer Sit Out times for VIP players?

[ QUOTE ]
Was thinking it may be good to get a petition going to request longer sit out times for VIP players. Do you think the sites would be up for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a truly horrible idea. Sit-out limits should be shorter. Anyone who misses the blinds twice should be bumped off the table. Tying up a seat for long periods is rude to those at the table and to those waiting for a seat.

I am genuinely curious as to the thoughts of someone who sits out for a long time, and wants to sit out longer. If you have something to do, why don't you just leave, and come back later? There are always plenty of tables available.

Everyone sits at a table because they want to play poker. They sit at a full table (as opposed to 6-max for example) because they prefer the play of a full table. In sitting out for a long period, you are reducing the quality of the game for the others at the table, and you are preventing others who are waiting from playing. What are you doing that is so important that you feel correct in being inconsiderate to so many people?

One argument many make is that it is a good game, and they don't want to leave it. Rudeness towad others aside, sitting out often results in the good game going bad. In online games, if someone is sitting out when it is his BB, I have noticed a much higher probability that the player to his left will refuse the BB and also sit out. I often do the same thing, particularly if there is another player sitting out or even another vacant seat. If I wanted to play short handed, I'd go to a 6-max table. The good game quickly dies with vacant or tied up seats.