View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Another Question For Not ready

[ QUOTE ]

OK I read the article. Since he likes to get to the point directly, I will. Why did Adam sin? He doesn't discuss this, and Adam's sin is where all these discussions must eventually arrive.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is addressed in Vincent' Cheung's book "Systematic Theology", which is free online at:

http://www.rmiweb.org/books/theology2003.pdf

Do a quick search for "The Work of Christ"

I will give a brief description of it here:

The reason Adam sinned is the same reason anything happened. For the glory of God.

To deny that God had sovereign control over Adam's sin would be the same as affirming that there exists some other force in the universe outside of God's control.

1) God actively causes and works all things for His glory.
2) God is absolutely sovereign over everything.
3) Adam sinned.
4) God was sovereign over the act of Adam's sin
5) God actively causes and works Adam's sin out for His glory.

You, as well as I, even if we deny God's sovereignty and show that God had the power to not have Adam's sin. Did not God give us the Law? All he had to do was to make it so that there were no rules! No judgement then! No sin! But God did lay down the law, with His divine foreknowledge that Adam would transgress and plundge all of humanity into sin.

Why? Because He had planned also to send His Son to redeem His people, that His glory may be shown in their redemption and in the destruction of the reprobates. Revelation 18-19 demonstrate this exact thing happening. God is given praise for His righteous judgement upon Babylon.