View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Best starting hand chart for shorthanded games?

Here is an amended chart: Starting Hand Chart v2.0 (In Progress Update)

Changes I've made-
Just on Openers:
-are to raise 66 and sometimes 55 utg.
-steal less with small pairs(22,33) in the cu or button-depending on how the blinds play.
-raise A7s,possibly A6s utg not fold.
-raise less with A2o-A3o particulalry in the cu(sometimes button) depending on maleabiltiy of the blinds.
-steal-raise with a wider range of hands in the cu:Q8s,Q9,J8s,J9,T9s,T8s,T9,98s and 87s not fold obviously depending on both blinds' tendencies.
-open for a raise w/ a possible wider range of hands from MP ie Axs,KT,QJ,Q9s,J9s-depending on the game.

I think this chart is a better starting place for $5-10 than his earlier chart. I rarely look at a chart during play now.

hopefully I'm going in the right direction I'm tryin to loosen up and go from 23/16 - to~ 27/18 slowly. I really feel that eventually playing ~30/20 is the way to go as you play higher.

Here's another old thread with some of the same info but a good link to PokerRoom's ev-stats page: 6-handed starting hand charts

you may want to mess around with PokerStove and look at at the equity of possible 2,3 or 4 handed pre-flop scenarios..just to get a feel for things.
PokerStove Poker Software and Analysis