View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 06:01 AM

Default Re: ($22) Need help with 2 level 1 hands I think I misplayed postflop

Hand 1:

I'd raise the flop representing ace.

Villain will fold his QQ/KK here, but of course this one would call and I'd go into check/fold mode.

I wouldn't call the river, 'cos after the call on the turn it's most likely he has a monster.

And those times he ties with your JJ, has a small PP or QJ,KJ or KQ of clubs are so rare that calling will cost you money.

Even though there are two aces on the board, I think pocket aces is the most likely holding.

-Preflop minreraise means very often he has a high pair
-Minbet on the flop would fit, as most donkeys only see a set of aces which is the nuts and don't understand to protect it against a draw. He wants some more chips in to the pot but doesn't want to drive you away, so minbet makes sense to him
-Flop bet could've been a weak "bluff" with a QQ/KK, but I think after another minbet and call you're pretty safe to say he has at least one ace, but with the preflop minraise in mind I think he has two aces
-Again in the river he has you beat and makes a small bet that you can't resist calling

Hand 2:

I'd push the flop.

They'll happily call with their draw and I don't want to give free chance to hit it on the turn.

NP: Transport League - Jesus Came