View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: 20-40 Party, 5-handed KQs

[ QUOTE ]
once you check the turn, against all but the most passive players, you want to see a showdown for 0-2 bets total.

definitely call a turn bet because you are ahead here some of the time, plus you often have 5 outs most of the time. the chances of these two things EASILY justify the odds you are getting to call a turn bet.

the river involves a bit more thought. If turn went check/check against a player on the passive side I would value bet more because I feel better about folding to a raise. conversely, a player on the aggressive side you will be more successful inducing a bluff, and you don't feel as good about folding to a raise if you lead. so the river, generally speaking i would lead vs passive and check vs an aggressive, depending on turn action of course. I woudl definitely check the river against everyone if money went in on the turn. Possibly fold vs a passive unimproved. possibly.

the reason there is no "good" or "standard" answer in this situation is because it is a borderline situation, you are good enough to know the correct play i dare say in every situation where "correct" is relatively clear. so i guess im trying to say is, don't sweat it. if you play it moderately correctly, and try to adjust for the times you have a read, that is as good as you can get here i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really nice post.