View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Re: C\'mon....does anyone seriously not TILT?

Not going on tilt is a constant battle with me.

I am a very emotional person by nature, which tends to make the fact I play poker an awkward proposition. Generally speaking, I play a very solid game around 95% of the time, but the other 5%, I seem to make very donkish moves and go a bit off the deep end(i.e. bad bluffs, chasing foolishly without proper pot odds, calling down when I know that I'm beat).
This issue has been ruinous to my bankroll many times, especially in the last six months when I have tried to make the jump to no limit. Part of my most recent upswing is my realization that a)right now, my emotions will flare on me occasionally, and b)I can limit their effects better in a limit game. I know it seems like I'm a losing player(and right now, I am a lifetime loser, though only by about a grand or so), but I think that until I learn to control myself a bit better, my game has to be, in part, about damage control.

I am sure that there will be much flames on me about this, saying I should quit, look at the long-term, don't sweat the short-run variance, etc. I mentally know all of these things, but it is harder to internalize them. I am not claiming that this is an ideal way to be. I'm just being honest in responding to the OP.