View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: 5/10 Blinds Battle - Good/Bad Call?

[ QUOTE ]
You are only going to win 81% of the time versus an overpair when you hit a set on the flop. So assuming that every time we are against a big pair and we hit a set we stack off, +$322.40. If we hit our set 12% that becomes $38.70 and we are paying $40 to see this flop.

I know sometimes Villain has AK, hits and you stack off, but I think there are way more times that you hit your set and only get a flop continuation bet from a middle PP or missed AK. Villain could also have total garbage but that is not an assumption I like to make when I will see 5 overcards by the river most of the time.

So unless you plan on extracting some value from the times that you don't hit a set, which is very tricky with 22 this is an easy fold in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK - you make some interesting points.

First, where does the $322.40 come from? 81% of hero's remaining stack is more than 322.40 isn't it?

Either way, 38.70 is close enoughto 40 for me to call here.

Secondly, no offense but if you never extract value from a PP when you don't hit a set (particularly in position), then against any decent player who's played enough hands with you, you had better not count on stacking him when you do hit your set.