View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Trip Kings on the flop, facing heavy action

[ QUOTE ]
Often I will dump this hand PF, but the table was quite passive, with little raising pre-flop. BB seems fairly average through 3 orbits, not especially loose or tight (28 VPIP after 32 hands). I wasn't sure what to do facing the raise and check-raise 3-bet.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a choice between calling and capping. I'm not sure what people are raising and 3-betting with, there's only 1 K unacccounted for, and chances that's in the hand of your raiser but wouldn't it suck if the BB had 99...

Although your hand is strong, I'd just call at this point, you're not going to fold anyone, and why bloat the pot unless you're sure you're best...