View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 01:00 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: why no mma to boxing conversions?

[ QUOTE ]
This is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

and it's also obviously understood. congratulations on your affirmation of the obvious. good post. sports are different from each other and require different skills. it's also probably why they have different names, hadn't thought of that one either.

i'm talking about standing strikers here, with the motivation of money/fame. i would think it would have happened by now, but i guess the mma player pool is just too small.

it's not as literal as a rugby/football thing because you're talking about a huge size variance in addition to a skillset there. with mma->boxing it's an adapted skillset. i would think rugby players would get rolled by 300+ pound juggernauts and would be too balanced/jack-of-all trades to go for any particular football position and excel. rugby to soccer (assuming by football american football was intended) would be a much better analog to the situation i posted.