View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Team Poker League Idea - What do you think?

[ QUOTE ]
Could be interesting, but don't you have a type of collusion risk going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you only have one player from each team in the event, then no collusion (aside from the collusion risk inherent in any poker game). I think this is a pretty interesting idea,

I'd been thinking about how to play "team poker" or "competition poker," with or without money involved, and the different events with 1 player from a team per event avoids the collusion. It'd be more interesting to let multiple players from a team compete in an event.

You can just let multiple players from a team play in an event and allow collusion, since the players are a team. It could add another layer of strategy to the game (is he making his move to help his teammate, because of his own hand independantly, etc), or it could really stink.

Another idea I had is a tournament style structure. Say you have 32 teams of 8 players each. You have 32 8-player games, with the top 2 players from each game advancing (either players up the most after 2 hours, last 2 left, whatever). You do the same thing with 8 8-person games to get down to 16 (notice how up to this point you can avoid ever having teammates in the same game). With 16 people (2 games of eight), you can redraw to keep teammates apart (if there are 2 teammates), you can simply let teammates play together, or you can have the 2 team members combine their chip stacks, so that only one palys, but he starts with 2x the chips. The tourney advances to a winner in whatever manner you want. Any thoughts?