View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: When did James Dungy become John Lennon?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But why is this ultra-religion stuff considered to be such an absolute virtue? Isn't it possible that Tony's pushing this Jesus stuff on James was part of the problem? Why isn't anyone willing to discuss this possibility?

[/ QUOTE ] first of all, this discussion belongs in a different forum. However, the notion that James killed himself because of his parents hardcore faith is absurd, and is something that only an atheist or secularist would believe. James killed himself because he had some sort of internal strife/demons. Using religion as the scapegoat is the easy route for those who do not believe. I think most rational people will agree that there was most likely something fundamentally wrong with his mental self that led him to kill himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an irrational response. Nobody said he killed himself "because of his parents' hardcore faith", and nobody is making religion a "scapegoat". Damn what is it, the minute someone questions religion, some people get all bent out of shape? And you must be a "nonbeliever" if you question religion? I'm not a "nonbeliever". Don't jump to conclusions.

Out of fear of being branded of having this discussion in the "wrong forum", I'll end my participation here.