View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 12:32 AM

Default PLO postflop newb questions.

Long time lurker first time poster, I know you guys get a lot of newb questions here so sorry in advance, but any thoughts you have on the following ideas would be greatly appreciated.

8 way straight draws

Ciaffone says not to get too involved with just an 8 way straight draw. So when do you play these hands? Do you call with just an 8 way straight draw on a rainbow flop getting 2 to 1? 3 to 1? If there are two suited cards out, what conditions merit a call?

Top Set
getting money in on a non straight flop isnt a problem, but what about the turn when the straight seems to get there, I obviously cant call a pot sized bet with no other redraws, but can I call getting 3 to 1 if I'm pretty positive at least one player has the straight? I'm still unclear of the verdict set in that recent post where a player had JJJ against a straight on the turn. Basically if there's a 10% chance it's a bluff, can I call, assuming no real implied odds if the board pairs?

What about hitting top set on a three flush flop, call a pot sized bet on the flop, what sized bets can I profitably call on the turn assuming little implied odds?

These questions might be too vague, so please ask me to specify if appropriate. Thanks.