View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Why Current Online Win Rates Won\'t Persist

[ QUOTE ]
Great post!! Again a few folks are not following the argument, so to boil it down...

Hypothesis: As online poker becomes more and more available to the third world, the average earn of an online poker player will decrease.

Currently, the average poker player comes from an industrialized nation where the avg wage is much higher than that of the third world.

For a worker in an industrialized nation to take up online poker as a career, his earn should normally be higher than that which he can make outside of poker. The same will hold true for a third world worker.

OP is not saying that third world players will be better... they will simply be satisfied with a far smaller earn, than a worker from the avg industrialized nation.

ie; Adding thousands of happy 0.2 bb/100 winners into online poker is not a good thing for those of us that make far more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think the online sites would/could segregate the market? The only site i ever had boot me for being American was Expekt. It seems like it might be dificult although Neteller could tell that i logged on outside of the USA once and froze my account for supscisious behaving, so i guess they can track ips. i hope that when the US government regulates the industry, that they will require some sort of segmentation.