Thread: Another Beating
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2003, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Another Beating

I offten se AA missplayed in table stakes NL games. You did not missplay that hand at all. Offten I like to raise with hands like AA, KK, and QQ (in postion) based not just on the BB, but also what's in the pot, and stack size I have, and am up against. My theory is, if I raise over 10% of my stack, or the next biggest stack, then I will allways win in the long run, even when I go bust. In my games atleast, I offten get called with hands as week as QJs even. The big raise makes it so, that even when I get busted by trips, I still win in the long run. I think, the most wonderfull thing about NL, is that you can raise high enough to destroy your opponets implied odds, and make any call negative equtity. Which is basicly what you did to KK when you made it $30 to so. Notice that your opponet called for $20, with an implied odd expectation of about 10 to 1 for his money if he flops a set. Which is perfect from your perspective, because he only breaks even when he flops a set. But if no A flops, he will probably go all in with you, which will be $170 in reverse implied odds. This seems like great potential for long run expectations on the hand.

Oh, and ofcourse it's allways a goal to get all in with AA pre flop. This is just common sence, from a gambler's perspective.

AeonBlues