View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Why you should care that Americans still believe in God:

RJT,

We don't have to be so hypothetical. I remember very clearly that following the introduction of the oral contracptive (the pill), there were many priests that were advocating its use by catholics. In fact we had to wait quite a number of years before the pope made his, the church, God, politician, position clear on this matter in an encyclical (can't remember which one). Therefore from that point on it became a sin, which it wasn't before?

Wake up dude, church and politics should be kept well separate. The above surely is a moral issue and the entire population should not be denied access to contraceptives (I know they have, but it shows that the scenario I suggested in my previous post as not as far fetched as you may think) because the pope has it in his head that it is wrong.

Personally, I reckon the pope position in this case IS immoral and bad news for a humanity plagued with an overpopulation problem.

My opinion is "be wary of voting for a politician that is catholic, for you are really voting for the pope", unless he is a bad catholic that is. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]