View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 06:06 AM

Default Re: Pro Poker Players as Job Applicants

Hi,
I have been quite successful in business. Now I have taken a break from working, just playing poker for a living. What I am noticing is that the logic of the poker game is similar to that of business. It is the kind of fuzzy logic: a player bets on a k-high flop means dependant ont the player a certain % chance he has a king, a king on the turn reduces the chance he has a king even before he conducts another action. I have come to the conclusion that the huge majority of my opponents in both business and poker does not understand this.

Thus, I think that if you manage to convince the employer that poker has proven to you that you have the ability to make good decisions in an environment full of uncertainty and lack of information and this has resulted in substantial profit, some will be impressed.

Remember, you played poker because you wanted to test yourself in a competitive environment and you like a tough challenge (not because it is nice to sleep 3 hours extra [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]).