View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Three PP Scenarios

Hand 1:
Craves flat call indicated that he wanted to see a flop. Shamrocks all in was a sign of desperation. He wasn't a good player so he could have any two high cards or any PP. I really thought my hand was good and with all that $$ in the pot, I did not want to fold. If I called I would not know what to do unless I hit a set. I pushed because I thought I still had fold equity with Crave. I wanted to isolate the all in player and make Crave make a decision for all his chips. Craves was a tight aggressive player. He was capable of folding here but if I flat called he was capable of bluffing me out of the pot too.
Hand2:
I raised to isolate BBMOM. Once Craves came over the top, I thought I was either in a coin flip with AK or I was crushed. I didn't feel like he would fold to a push and he had me covered. I could have called to try and hit a set as there was a lot of $$ in the pot, but I decided to fold this one.

Hand 3:
I knew BBMOM would not fold but I thought Craves may or may not. He was an aggressive player so I either wanted to push and isolate the all in player or fold. I guess I could have called to try and hit a set to bust both of them though. I was getting 3.3 to 1 pot odds. I decided to fold this one but maybe I should have pushed or called?

I guess in general the things I considered were
Stack sizes
Pot odds
Size of Pot
Type of Players
Risk of busting out
Fold Equity
My reads on the players hands

I am certainly not an expert on all these things but I wanted to see if their were any other considerations that you all think about.