View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: If I were a terrorist...

[ QUOTE ]
Under no circumstances should America keep tabs on any of its citizens unless they are being investigated under due process fo the law. Anythign else would go against the very fundementals of our national ideals.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, a couple of things. There is a material difference in my mind between citizens, and legal residents, and illegals.

Illegals from suspect (read: Islamic) countries should be deported. Well, first we should turn their prints over to Egyptian/Jordanian/Saudi intelligence, and see if they come back hot--if so, we send them to Gitmo for a talk. But if they come back negative, we should ship em home.

Second, legal residency can be revoked. If any of these guys are remotely involved or supportive of terrorism, they should be deported also. It is unacceptable for the US to become a safe haven like London has become, for imams preaching hate and anti-western calls to jihad. Omar Rahman should never have been allowed to stay in this country--we should have sent his bearded ass back to Cairo.

Now as for citizens, I hate to say it, but muslims fall into two groups here. There are the American born and educated muslims, who should presumptively be given a pass on loyalty just like you or I would. I have little reason to suspect a domestic fifth column, so I agree we need to be careful about having government oversee these guys.

There is a second group of citizen, namely naturalized citizens. For these guys, I think a little background work is in order. Born in Pakistan, lived there until age 20, then moved here and finally got naturalized? Hmm... used to go to summer camp in Afghanistan? Time for a visit from the FBI.

Granted lots of these guys will be law abiding, tax paying guys who are just trying to make their way here, and I got no problem with them. We should definitely try to respect their rights as much as possible.

But we've got some naturalized American muslims in this country who hate the country. Those guys need to go. Surveil them. Tap their phones. If they spit on the sidewalk, send their ass back to Egypt.