View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Question for the LAGs

I've slowly made the conversion to (what I feel is) LAG play over the past 4 months or so. I think me and LAG are a good match. However, I have two questions. One, simple, is what do the VP$P and PFR% typically for you winning LAGs?

My less simple question... After sitting at a table for a while, and trying to take down most pots, people are going to play back at you. Sometimes they are going to have the goods, and sometimes they won't. I often hear myself saying when I fire at an A-high flop and get raised "They are frustrated with my aggression, and are trying to make a move, but this time I ACTUALLY have TPTK". In retrospect, it seems that more often than not I am beat in these situations, and that these morons haven't even noticed how many pots I'm taking down and are just playing their standard lines. But on the occassion that there is a thinking player and my 3-bet on the flop takes it down, I feel warm and fuzzy inside. Emotionally the warm-fuzzy makes up for the cold-prickly, but not financially.

One way to solve the problem is to simply switch tables when you get suspicious that people are trying to wrench control from you. But I can't leave my 4x buy-in stack.

What is the solution??