View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Advice to people stuck @ the small stakes too long

I just don't make a big deal about moving up. I will always play the best game going unless I have less than 100bbs for that game(The games I usually end up playing put me at around 350bb). If there are no good games going I have no problem playing 2/4 if need be. I started at 2c/4c and moved up whenever I had enough and the games are good. I think the big mistake is people here "take shots" which more or less means they win some money and go sit in a higher game, regardless of how good it is. I can't think of a better way to lose. Seriouly, what do the stakes matter? The #1 criteria is how good the game is. My winrate in the games I sit in is almost always higher than normal WRs. Since I only play in good games it allows me to play on a little shorter br, and if it goes south I don't have problems with tilt and dropping to the lower game doesn't bother me. Also I'm a giant luckbox and that helps a lot, but I'm sure a part of that is that I always play in good games on some sort of bonus which gives me the highest WR possible at all times.