View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Trying to look objectively at an AK decision

[ QUOTE ]
Late in a tourney, already into the money of a the Paradise 75k. About 45 ppl left. first place is a solid $19k.

I have 105k in chips. Villian has 197k. Blinds are 4k/8k, 400 Ante. 8 handed. My M is just under 7.

2 fold, villian raises 2x the blind. folded to me in BB with AKo. I hate minraises.

Decision time here is push at him and hope to scoop or double, or just call and see a flop.

If the stacks were deeper, I prefer a reraise here, but I have no wiggle room with my stack. any reraise needs to be an all in.

Who like a call here, who likes a push, and why?

Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate min raises too. Well, what are your options? The minimum you could raise is to make it 32 to go, that's 30% of your stack, but you don't wanna do that. So what's the next option, 45k or 50k? That's half you stack. Might as well go ahead and go all in because there's no way you can fold after committing half your stack. You also get all 5 cards, and maybe he folds and you win a nice little pot.

I guess you could just call, but I don't like doing that with AK, especially here. I'd flat call with AA-JJ, but I really like to rep a hand w/ AK. Though his min raise does seem like a trap, oh well.

Push, and I dont even think its close.