Thread: J6o hand in BB
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Re: J6o hand in BB

[ QUOTE ]
I think it wasn't that long ago I read you posting SSLH at limits like 2/4 so you must be doing pretty well. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing way under my roll at 2/4 LHE, but unfortunately pretty close to my skill level. A combination of 2.5 months' work full-time as well as low living expenses and a bit of luck will do that for you.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that this NL game requires a $15k roll, is that right? I'd hate to find out that I'm underfunded...

I'm confident that I can beat the game, but the swings are unusually high for me, and I don't have much experience doing anything other than knocking over the weak-tighties at the $25 party x-skins game, where they fold to me damn near always. I clearly have to adjust for this game.

I don't plan on jumping into the $200 game on party any time soon. I'm very confident that they would eat me alive over there, so it's weird: I'm trying to pick up enough NL skillz to beat this game, but I'm also not trying to be the next KKF or El D (though it'd be cool if I could somehow do that).

[ QUOTE ]
Is the river bet a blocking bet? I think a little more like 200 (1/3 PSB) is less likely to get raised big by a bluff as you mention this villian has done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too sure what a blocking bet is... I haven't seen anything written about it other than on this board, and I haven't read enough on this board to properly execute a blocking bet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Part of my question here is whether or not I should indeed be betting the river as a block or checking to induce a bluff or what...

I chose to value bet the river, because I figured he picked up a little piece of the flop and may have even improved on the turn or river to something that I still beat. People were showing down really weird hands.

I guess I intend to call a push for my remaining 150-250, but it would make me vomit just a little when I did.

You'd figure that he would try to protect/sell a flush on the turn, but I can't be sure about that.

--Dave.