Thread: Margaritas!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Margaritas!

[ QUOTE ]
The key to a good magarita is not so much the tequilia but the sweet & sour and the triple sec. Mostly everyone thinks that a good magarita requires a top shelf tequila but this isn't true. Also... never NEVER get frozen margitas. They'll ALL taste the same no matter what combination of tequila/triple sec/ or sour mix you use.

That being said, use Gran Mariner for the triple sec. Cointreu is a good triple sec as well. The best sour mixes that I've had either had freshly squezzed limes or a powder mix. I would recommend Rose's Sweet/Sour Mix.

Now for your tequila, really get anything you want. My personal favorite is Don Julio but that's a bit pricey. I live close to the border so luckily it's really cheap here.

As far as a receipe for a margarita just use 2 parts tequila and 1 part triple sec and you should be good. There's really no wrong way to make a margarita to experiment a bit. Just remember that a good margarita is what you like and not what a receipe says.

Have fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put. Putting Patron silver in your margaritas is probably a waste because it's a really good shooter. Sauza is a good pick for margaritas. My favorite margarita is the Grand Gold, which is Grand Marnier and gold tequila. You can also do a Chili's Presidente knockoff with Presidente brandy instead of Grand Marnier.

ScottieK